Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Ginger Bread Structure Adventure

We have been studying structures in science so, today we made some Christmas structures. The students in 3B worked in groups to create a gingerbread house structure. We used a package that came with everything we needed. This made the process so simple! The students had fun and they were able to connect what we had learned in science to the houses. They realized how important it was to have strong materials and fasteners as the icing didn't always seem to work the best as a fastener. Tomorrow, we will be destructing our gingerbread houses and eating them! I will take some during the destructing phase. Here they are before destruction:





Ms. Bettess

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool, I made a gingerbread house & gingerbread men. I made the gingerbread house in 2012 in 2nd grade. My teacher bought chocolate & vanilla icing. I love making gingerbread houses, Oh and I made a snowmen to! Did you get different kinds of icing? Did you make gingerbread men?

    ReplyDelete